"It's not what you achieve;but what you overcome to achieve it
George Playing for the Chicago Sting
George has lived in the San Francisco Bay Area for 25 years and has been a part of the soccer community on many levels. A native of Ghana, he played for the 1972 Olympic team in Munich, Germany. This was followed by a professional career as a sweeper in the United States during which he had the opportunity to play both with and defend against Pele.
George loves teaching at all levels and now spends a significant amount of his spare time working with youth and adult recreational players in the San Francisco Bay Area. He also promotes professional soccer opportunities for athletes in his homeland.
- Olympian, Ghana National Team
- Former professional soccer player
- North American Soccer League (N.A.S.L).
- Chicago Sting
- New York Cosmos
- Author of “The Ten Bridges to Professional Soccer”
- Producer of the “Youth All-Star Instructional Video”.
- Former soccer commentator/analyst, San Jose Today TV 36
- Former youth instructor for San Jose City and Evergreen Colleges
- CYSA District 2 Olympic Development Program, State Certified Staff Instructor
- Member of the CYSA coaching staff and District evaluator
- U.S.S.F. licensed coach
- Youth and Adult Coach
- Head Scout of District 2 for the Olympic Development Program (ODP)
- First Aid Certifications From the American Safety Health Institute:
- Pediatric First Aid
- Adult First Aid
- Basic First Aid for the Community and Workplace
- Universal First Aid and C.P.R.
George in action today